New organic, fairtrade shop on Bellenden Road

tommy

Mmmmm, not sure if I enjoyed being lectured so aggressively when I visited the website. Have a read of their About Us page - struck me as rather self righteous without really offering much hard evidence of the partnerships they have actually created in order to provide an "old neighbourhood shop by your neighbours". It may prove wonderful but I am feeling a little sceptical - it feels like a rather cynical marketing exercise to me.

feel I may annoy some people with that comment but I am merely commenting on the impression I get from their website, this is not a reflection of my instore experience.

Bellenden Belle Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Have a read of their About Us page

As they clearly haven't! All that placeholder text at the bottom of it made me laugh...almost as much as the poor English on the site!

"Bayberry asks after so much sacrifices and abuse are we satisfied with our lifestyle. The answer is NO."

I would have presumed there should be a question mark in there somewhere?

smith Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It seems (in my humble opinion) to be written by

> someone who doesn't have English as their first

> language. So perhaps they don't realise that the

> 'tone' is off.

You gonna tell them? That'll let a whole can of worms out of the bag!

I agree with you. I was just wondering whether they realise exactly how they're coming across? Giving them the benefit of the doubt! But, I only look at the pictures anyway, I only read the content because it was pointed out!

I think the people behind Baytree deserve some positive recognition for the effort they're making. They've obviously designed the web site themselves using MS and therefore not expert web designers nor well versed in Marketing speak. However they are putting their money and time into the business as well as seemingly providing us with another alternative to the big 5.

Actually in fairness loz you are right - they are trying hard and when starting a new business it's easy to get too close to the work and forget what you're actually doing - in this case selling nice veggies.

I get really pissed off with marketing speak to be honest [all that unit, behaviours, and sub-prime stuff] and always advise clients to take a conversational tone with promo stuff; after all, organic veg is a 'converstaional' kind of business isn't it.

Bellenden Road is quite a happening place now isn't it? I usually just scoot through to review books but I might consider hanging around sometime - that locksmiths always struck me as under-utilised kind of place.

Good luck with the shop Bayberry!

I used to live very near there before moving to SE22 so hope they continue to make that little area interesting and thriving. The only little minor criticism I have of their website is that they spell neighbour wrong - err right if you are American that is (neighgbor)- well they spell it that way 3 times in their opening line. Their About Us page does identify them as Londoners and big-city dwellers - which of course includes Americans and people with dodgey spelling - so I suppose they're entitled to spell as they want - just seems a bit odd - as does the fact that I am even posting about spelling mistakes on a website

I think you'll find they're free range organic spelling mistakes so thats OK!

Ultra - perhaps there's a consultancy opportunity for you. Give em a ring. I like the Bellenden Road area too. I wish parking was a bit easier though as it's a bit far for me and the family to walk too. I'd also like to see more pockets of contemporary village(y) type regeneration in more areas across London including Dulwich Village - Cafe Rouge, how drab!!!!!!!

Seconded re Cafe Rouge. Dulwich Village is very pretty, CR and Pizza Expresss are so pedestrian. I want to cringe when I have to walk past there it is that conservative and corporate. I used to think CR was great when I was about 25 and such places were few and far between oop North, but I hate that ersatz, corporate nonsense. Pizza Express is a little better, but I would love to see two, good independent places. (The place opposite, the 'French' place is OK, but I suppose that is why it is SE21 and not SE15 or 22. Nero

Sean if it was just me I could walk for miles. Unfortunately with a 2 yr old and heavily pregnant Mrs Lozzyloz in tow (and the time constraints that entails) we're too far for a comfortable walk to Bellenden Rd and back for it to be considered local. Approx 4 mile round trip from top of LL.

Ah so you are Upper Eastsiders like us too..

You're right - that would be pushing it walk-wise. Last time I walked there it was to visit Ganapati only to find they were away on holiday - bah humbug. It's definitely an area I like to go to tho, completely different atmosphere compared to the two "main" areas which surround it