Pavement on Lordship Lane

I was coming out of a shop in Lordship Lane and stumbled and scraped my heal on a piece of pavement that was sticking up, it's not badly injured but if any elderly person or someone not steady on their feet were to trip on it, it could cause a lot of damage to them. As I walked further on I noticed that much of the pavement is broken and uneven, with pot holes and weather damage. Who do you complain to about this?

Yes, there may be many posh shops popping up on LL all very ---- ------- ---, but do we really have to break our necks to get to them.

I slipped outside Tandoori nights on my way to work six weeks ago, dislocated my shoulder and broke my arm. I had a operation, arm in a sling until today and am have been off work until this week. The pain was indescribable and still in pain. The pavement along Lordship lane is appalling.

The condition of LL pavement and surrounding pavements are disgraceful and I've raised this before with the council. I have myself come close to falling and trip regularly. Something must be done about it. The amount of money the council receives and they can't re-lay the pedestrian walk ways on one of the most profitable high streets in the borough?

Louisa.

I also tripped and fell on that section of pavement at the beginning of July. I fractured by knee and spent several weeks in plaster, followed by several weeks wearing a heavy duty knee brace. I am now receiving physiotherapy to support the healing process. The state of the pavement is absolutely appalling.

I was so grateful for the kindness and help of passers by when I fell. I was helped by an off duty paramedic who stopped and stayed with me for quite a while. Also the guys in Jazz Barbers were fantastic. They came rushing out, got me a chair, water etc. They called me a cab and (I realised later) also paid for he cab! I went back to the barber shop a few weeks later to thank them and repay the cab fare, but they refused point blank to take it. So thank you to them, and everyone else who helped me. It was a horrible experience.

After reading some of the horror stories above it is a miracle someone has not come off even worse as a result of the pavements locally. The number of vanity projects being pursued ahead of urgent things such as this are beyond comprehension.

James Barber if you are reading this can you please respond and do something urgently? It must surely be a matter of priority.

Louisa.

I brought this up with James Barber last year. The section oposite the Co-op..

The little square slabs. They are most noticeable at night under street lighting and are all uneven.

But difficult to photograph at night.

I suspect they were never laid properly in the first place.

DulwichFox

I am sorry to read about the accidents you all have had, and hope your recovery is speedy and wish you good health for the future. Does anyone mind if I direct the council to this page with a link so they can read some of your stories, I am sure other people have had accidents on these pavements. Yes, it is a disgrace and the council need to be badgered about it. And let's hope they don't take too long with their planning!!! Wish me luck.

1028 people have viewed this post so far and only 14 people have replied. Out of the 1028 people there must be others who have experienced a trip, tumble or a fall on the Lordship Lane pavements. If you have please report it here, so I can gain your support in getting these pavements renewed. Many thanks.

Lavender27- you are very welcome to direct the council's attention to this page on behalf of myself, others who have had accidents, and everybody else who is at risk of personal injury when using this stretch of pavement on Lordship Lane. Many thanks for your concern.

James Barber has focussed on repairs in the past - but I like to think that LL is now a caf? / al fresco hot spot. It needs a complete paving upgrade - using an architect not a repair man.

I always think that if JB actually lived near LL things might be different - he's happier looking after Court Lane than Lordship Lane :)

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> James Barber has focussed on repairs in the past -

> but I like to think that LL is now a caf? / al

> fresco hot spot. It needs a complete paving

> upgrade - using an architect not a repair man.

>

> I always think that if JB actually lived near LL

> things might be different - he's happier looking

> after Court Lane than Lordship Lane :)

I hold no brief for Mr.Barber and am not of his party, but he recently took the trouble to contact me about an issue outside his ward to see if he could help, so I think that might be a bit unfair!

Mollymay Wrote:

> Lavender27- you are very welcome to direct the

> council's attention to this page on behalf of

> myself, others who have had accidents, and

> everybody else who is at risk of personal injury

> when using this stretch of pavement on Lordship

> Lane. Many thanks for your concern.

Thank you Mollymay. I have submitted the complaint. Let's see what happens now. I will keep this thread updated.

I have tried at local solicitors but they don't want to know. Thing is I have lived here most of my life and know a lot of the shop keepers? however have sent a complaint to Southwark Council as it is not the first time I have tripped over and fallen flat on the ground on Lordship Lane.

It is not just Lordship Lane.

I was taken by ambulance to A&E after falling literally flat on my face after tripping on an uneven paving stone in Bellenden Road last December.

A passer by told me she had broken her arm on the same spot.

It seems there is a general issue with the upkeep of pavements in Southwark, and probably London in general.

Sue Wrote:

> It is not just Lordship Lane.

>

> I was taken by ambulance to A&E after falling

> literally flat on my face after tripping on an

> uneven paving stone in Bellenden Road last

> December.

>

> A passer by told me she had broken her arm on the

> same spot.

>

> It seems there is a general issue with the upkeep

> of pavements in Southwark, and probably London in

> general.

England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales and the RoW. Let's just take it one step at a time and try not to trip.