toto Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Mick Mac Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Had one - Was replaced with Meat Liqour

>

> Yes, I think we all gathered that !!

Well LL "deserved one", got one and didn't use it much.

A good fish restaurant might be a winner though.

have we got a say in who could take over? no.

whoever pays the most will obviously get the shop.

Let's hope it's someone who will care about service and quality.

no one says we are missing so badlyy a decent [not even saying good] chinese in Dulwich not just Lordship lane.

I've been to most of the London Cotes and love them. Brilliant food, well priced sat meals and great service. We use often as pre theatre eats. The only crime was their stance on tips but this has now been resolved due to the rightful bad publicity.

TBH both Cote and Le Chardon are on similar ground, it's simple bistro type food at a similar price.

I like the interior and ambience in Le Chardon (and sometimes the food). The ideal scenario would be if they trimmed down the menu, and concentrated on the quality and service a little bit more. But looks like it's probably too late.

rahrahrah,

Agree about Cote- style over substance, had some dreadful meals there. Really hoped Chardon would remain a French indie. Seems like LL will soon be more chain than indie, with more burger and pizza joints than anything else. Shame. Saw Meat Liqour the other night and it looked more like nightclub than anything else.

Let's hope the new owners will be an independent rather than a chain/franchise. Though I had some great quality meals in Le Chardon years ago, the staff seemed increasingly unhappy in more recent times. A month ago we dropped in with two friends at lunchtime, and got shown to a table, but the place was packed out and just one waiter was available.

After a few minutes we left, the main factor in our decision to leave being how utterly miserable the waiter was. I don't believe in the American-style forced smiles and cheeriness that some franchises require from their employees, but it is impossible to enjoy a nice meal with friends, no matter how good the food is, if the staff act as if serving you causes them physical pain.

steveo Wrote:

> Was it a Saturday? He's a Hamlet fan

Hilarious! There are new staff who seem to be enjoying the work, shorter but varied menu with 2 new veg(yes!) options, and the food is nice. Thank goodness they kept things like lobster and bouillabaisse and other authentic French fare that I'd otherwise have to go to Brasserie Zedel in Piccadilly for. Bon app?tit. Eating there while I still can!

• 4 months later...

Hilarious that this thread raged on and on with the wrong restaurant name in the title.

Meanwhile, I have noticed that the Trip Advisor reviews on Le Chardon have been mostly good recently, with the odd exception. https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186338-d719685-Reviews-Le_Chardon-London_England.html

Also the management are taking time to respond to Trip Advisor comments. And it hasn't closed or changed hands.

• 2 months later...

Chief Wrote:

> A pity that Tandoori Nights doesn't close. Living

> on former glories: it's had its day.

> Average food, expensive, lousy service. There are

> now lots of better restaurants in Lordship Lane.

Sadly a lot of this is true

Deffo past its 'best'

It was on the market and maybe still is, but I don't think he's in a rush.

I wish it wasn't but as he explained (looking out on a rainy, cold Lordship Lane) 'I 'ave an house in Grasse and a boat in the Med. What would you do?'