MACMILLAN COFFEE MORNING

Nanny Penny

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• It looks like a model. My dad used to get a bus past the palace before it burnt down. 
    • The issue with mail delivery is getting ridulous. Once again, I've had a late dump of post, some of it over 3 weeks late. Like others, yet another parking fine which has escalated because it wasn't received on time. I'll now have to pay £170;  and a Vehicle Tax reminder,  the date of which has already past. None of us will get anywhere appealing these things with the issuing authorities by simply saying that the post was late. We ever can't prove that letters weren't delivered. I've emailed my MP yet  again but I'm at the point of going to the Peckham sorting office with my protest placard!! Anyone else?  
    • Carpets add both heat and noise insulation, my brother's house in the States was wooden framed with bare floorboards, the whole house squeaked.  And have you lived in a flat with the upstairs having bare floorboards, where you hear every step?  Yes you can insulate between the floors but some owners don't bother. You may also have lived in a house where they have destroyed the flooring by when central heating has been put in, rewiring, and the like and the builder has hacked them.  I've also seen more conscientious/tidier electricians and plumbers. No massive issues with bare floorboards, have some myself, but felt I had to stick up for floor coverings! Oh and for older suspended floors you need a few drafts to ventilate the under floor space, hopefully air bricks are still there.
    • I thought it was all done by computer from a central location. I have a water meter,not connected for payment, and have never seen anyone read my meter but they do send me letters saying how my water I am using.      
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In