EDSNUB Bikes for Schools

• 2 months later...

Hi there kind folks of East Dulwich. Thank you all for your bike donations, the bikes are now in full working order and have been donated to the various Schools in the area.

EDSNUB have been awarded a grant from the Cooperative community fund to extend the project, so I am now again asking for more bikes, so please if you have any old unwanted, unused bikes, which are not beyond repair, please take it along to BC Bikes on the East Dulwich Road. Then lovely Alex and Richard will repair them, ready to donate them.

EDSNUB have also been awarded money by Grassroots grants, delivered by the community Development foundation, to fund a growing project at the East Dulwich Community Center on Darrel Road.

If you are interested in what EDSNUB are getting up to these days, please look at our website

www.eastdulwichsnub.co.uk

Its more then just the bag.:)-D

• 2 months later...

Hi ED Forumites

Just an update on the Bikes for Schools project. Thanks to the local police and Sgt Duncan Jackson, we now have some more bikes for schools. Sgt Jackson has kindly donated unclaimed lost bikes to the project for the School. Thank you

There will also be Bike maintenance workshops in and around the East Dulwich area over the Spring and Summer, Sponsored by EDSNUB, look out for location, times and dates on the forum. Stewart who will be running the maintenance class, is also a local Cycling instructor. Southwark residents can sign up for free road safety lessons

http://www.cyclinginstructor.com/.

Stewart, will be running the EDSNUB Bikes for Schools project, Marilyn Donahue my fellow Snubber is returning home to the states. Marilyn has done an amazing job with the Schools re the Gardens for Schools and Bikes for Schools project.

Thank you Marilyn, you will be missed.

Hi All Just a reminder about cycling instructor, If you live or work in Southwark, you can sign up for free road safety lessons with http://www.cyclinginstructor.com/cycle_lessons

Now the sun is out, and more people are getting back on their bikes, take advantage of this fantastic service.

Local instructor is Marilyn Donahue. As part of EDSNUB bikes for schools, we are now extending the project into the community. Bikes for the ED community will be at the Goose Green fair on the 8th May, if you are interested in the project Marilyn, Stewart and Deke will be on the SNUB stand to answer your questions.

www.eastdulwichsnub.co.uk

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Just want to say a big thank you to all of you who visited the cycle maintenance guys at the Goose green fair today. We raffled off the bikes, East Dulwich police donated and the guys repaired. All donations from the raffle will go towards the Bikes for Schools fund. Look forward to meeting Bike enthusiasts of East Dulwich at the EDSNUB sponsored maintenance classes over the coming months.

Thanks again Forumites :)-D Long may you all reign from the saddle of your bikes>:D<

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Just wanted to update you on the EDSNUB bikes projects. We have just been awarded funding from the London Cycling campaign http://lcc.org.uk/ to expand the bikes for Schools project into the community. Currently with the support of the local police, Southwark Cycling officer Roger Stocker and Local lib Dem councillor James Barber. Instructors Stewart and Deke from Revolution Cycling, http://www.revolutionscycling.co.uk will work with local young teenagers and their parents to EDUCATE them in cycle maintenance.These trainees will learn while REFURBISHING donated and unclaimed bikes from the local police stations. A number of the bikes will be sold to the public at affordable prices and the money re invested in our projects.

We have to date donated over 30 bikes to the local schools, and each school are currently learning how to maintain the their bikes, in the EDSNUB sponsored bike maintenance class.

Thanks for all your ongoing support and hopefully we will see more East Dulwichites on their bikes.:)-D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

The EDSNUB recycle a bike community project officially starts tomorrow, we are still looking for old unwanted bikes,as per previous post. So please if you have an old unwanted bike, please donate it to this worthy project. Details can be found on previous post, and in the local community notice boards in the next few days. Apologies website still needs to be updated

Thanks again

http://www.eastdulwichsnub.co.uk/

Hi Forumites. As promised, I have attached the label here, so if you would like to donate a bike, please download the PDF, print, attach the label to your donated bikes, and take along to East Dulwich police station. All donations gratefully received, and will benefit the the local youngsters.

Thanks again

EDSNUB

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

Just a subtle reminder to let you lovelies know, we still need bikes for the project. We need more donations. You can download a label for your unwanted bike at

http://www.eastdulwichsnub.co.uk/

Project starts officially in September, however we need bikes to get the project started, so come on East Dulwich, get out those unwanted bikes, and donate them to a good cause