D-Day at Westminster

Today the time is up for the peace camp at Parliament Square.

I saw this camp for the first time two days ago (flying by on the back of a motorcycle) and have to admit it looks like a bomb site. Won't be sorry to see it go.

A protestor on the radio this morning said that 'removal of the peace camp shows the government are not interested in peace!'

A bit rich given that they've been allowed to camp there for more than enough time to have made their point loud and clear and that Brian Haw, the original protestor can not be removed anyway.

Gosh - I travel past this most days, makes me realise how much I have got used to it being there.

I didn't realise that its time was up! I personally don't see this way of protesting as making a difference.

So is the original protestor staying on in the same place then?

Yes Brian Haw can stay but the others will be visited by bailiffs at some point this week.

I agree that their protest isn't making one iota of differnece to those that can change anything but whilst chatting to others today they made a point about the importance of the right to protest.

I argued that they had been allowed plenty of time already to achieve anything they could achieve and that their presence now made it difficult for other protests to happen as they are dominating the site.

I think it has become an eyesore...that's one level..but I also think they can't achieve anything more so the time has come to ask them to leave, and restore the green of Parliament Square.

Don't disagree with anyone's right to protest. However, I'm of the same opinion of DJ that its become an eyesore and will be nice to see the greenery of the square again; their prolonged presence isn't changing anything.

I'm not talking about it anymore ;-)