hair loss from bfing - can anyone recommend a good ED hairdresser?

Morning all - I hope you have some good recommendations on this one.

My hair's in the worst state I've ever seen it at the mo - bfing/post pregnancy has left it falling out in handfuls and seriously dry and tangly. I need a compassionate and highly skilled hairdresser to come to the rescue.

I have a few days to myself before going back to work (3 and counting) and could do with someone sorting out this sorry mess.

Also - I'm child free for the next few days so can actually venture to a hairdresser and bask in the relative splendour of 'not our home'.

Can anyone recommend a fabulous hairdresser in ED or surrounds? I normally go to one near work in the City but am trying to avoid going there unless I have to.

Would really appreciate your help.

Thank you oh wonderful forum-ones !!

xxx

How much do you want to spend? There are quite a few threads already on this topic. I like Jeanette at Roche and she is extremely reasonable. I have tried GMs, Headnizm, and the one by Iceland. I am sticking with her as am very happy. She also does colour if you need it.

L'Oreal and Kerastase have a product called Aminexil which is for hair thinning caused by hormonal changes amongs other things. Is from salons only & is a set of take-home treatments. It's not cheap but I found it good. I imagine the Kerastase one will cost more but Kerastase is owned by L'Oreal so it will ostensibly be the same thing.

Might be a good follow on after you have seen a hairdresser?

Hi I have been in the same boat so you are not alone. just stopped Breast feeding baby is 6.5 months now. Ive been to see a hairdresser recently had quite alot cut off. she recommended taking a hair and nail vitamin which i never thought of? ive also noticed my hair has been so greasy so i try not to wash it everyday now....

Thanks everyone. I've had the whole lot lopped off by Willis B - and am going back today to 'go red!'.

(Think I'm having my mid life crisis)

At least I won't have to fish manky hair out of the plug hole now after each shower (not my favourite job). And thanks for the tip about the Kerastase. In my younger - not spending a fortune on childcare - days I used to use those products. I'll have to find them - does anyone know if the hairdresser on North Cross Road sells it? They do Kerastase don't they?

Also - how long does this hair loss last? I gave up bfing 10 days or so ago and it's still going on.

Thanks again xxx