"The Vale"

• 1 month later...

Dear Group,

I used to have a pub/restaurant. I was told by the licensing sergeant of the police that you cannot by law charge admission given that the operation is a 'public house'. It really annoyed me as the acts that I put on were second rate, and if I charged I could have presented better acts. I had door security, but would never have trusted them as they feel they are a law unto themselves.

Anyway, when you next go into the Vale have a look at the pricing and food selection structure on the menu, I spent a good hour in there looking at it (slow reader - keep up) I saw sausage and mash more expensive than gammon steak etc. Whoever thought the menu out has a severe lack of imagination.

Kind regards to all,

Libra Carr

Hi

I wrote in another topic about the Fox On The Hill - I read in this topic it is not a tied pub but I thought it was Wetherspoons.

I would like to add that to my knowledge The Vale is the only pub in the area legally allowed to show Sky football matches and a pub has to pay a hell of a lot of money to do that. I may be wrong as I do not frequent all the other pubs, but a mate who goes to the Vale tells me this.

I can't keep up with each of you and what pub you work for.

Can we have a members list???

In it we could say what company we work for or own or what have you.

Ta.

(I don't work for any pub or any local business.)

That's not true about the football, CPT definitely has the pint glass in the corner. Not really sure about others, but I would be surprised if they were not paying the full pub subscription, as Sky are very hot on that!

PeckhamRose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Keef Wrote: "Rock music, and biker chicks! :)-D "

Probably the most sensible suggestion yet aired on this forum. Applicable as a solution to any given problem methinks.

Rock music and biker chicks?

Ohhh come now.

Down getteth you to the biker forums then.

But if we can't park our bikes outside we can't be seen getting on and off 'em looking all cool and leathery...

Now, if anyone knows of anyone who makes a sticker I can stick on the back of my bike that reads,

"Children in TopBox/Panniers" lemme know.