Peckham vs ED vs Beckhenham (swimming pools)

Which has the best public swimming pool?

We went to 'the Spa at Beckenham' on Sunday morning for a swim with baby M, which was a bit disappointing really.

Not terrible, just a bit dirty (toilet paper floating in the adult pool), water in the kids pool a little too cool, not what I was expecting from the web site which makes it look super-posh.

In fact, it was no better than the pool at Peckham Pulse, which stands up pretty well by comparison.

Haven't been to the Ed pool, but wondered which of the three pools forumites think is the best?

And does anyone know anything about the plans for ED leisure centre re the GBP 5 million refurb?

BM

the lido isn't open all year round - it usually opens in late June and shuts in September. Annoyingly it was shut all the way through May and June, when it was hot, and opened just when the weather went all wrong. I hope they don't go broke, I loves it there.

Woolwioch is a good option and funnily enought, far fewer mouthy arsey chavs than beckenham, despite the relative poverty of Woolwoch - its a bit run down, but good for the kids & a cheap caf upstairs

Peckham is teh biz at the minute

ED is on its last legs pool wise, so the womens are welcome to it on a thursday - when its gets jazzed up, it kick up a fuss about the ladies swim side of things

it's to cater for different ethnic backgrounds and religious beliefs.

regarding the ?5 million, I asked Fusion, Is there going to be any investment in the gym within the next 6 months? 1 year?

They said "Southwark Council have allocated ?5m to be invested in a comprehensive refurbishment of Dulwich Leisure Centre and there are designs being presented to various parties as I speak. The schedule for procurement is well underway & I understand that works will begin in the first half of next year."

peckham pulse small pool is great - and seems to have some fantastic extras like the moving floor - but apparently they aren't allowed to use the bubble jets 'coz of helf and safety.

also ther 3pm kids sessions are being largely used by mums with babies who look disapprovingly on dads with boistrous four year old boys.

otherwise fantastic - esp robert the kids teaching supervisor is a top bloke.

uc