Free to good home - Russian Blue Cat

Flashpotata

Hello,

We have reluctantly decided to say goodbye to our 3 year old Russian Blue cat - Lilly. She is a very, gentle friendly and affectionate cat, always vying on sit on your lap etc. However, she is not a fan of our 17 month old daughter and now spends a great deal of time staying out of the way, which is a shame. We are having another baby in January next year so we think that the best thing to do is to let her to to a good home now where she will be well looked after and loved.

Ideally she would suit a retired person, or a family without young children. Other cats or dogs in the new home would be an absolute no-no, she would definitely be most comfortable on her own wherever she goes.

Lilly has been neutered, but is a full pedigree Russian Blue - we have the certificates somewhere if it really matters to you. We don't want any payment for Lilly but what is most important is that she goes to the right place.

If you are interested please PM me with details of your home situation or respond to this thread in the ED forum.

Photo attached.

Hello

She's beautiful :) If I didn't have two already I'd be tempted!

It might be a good idea to get in touch with the Russian Blue Welfare group:

http://www.russianblue.org.uk/welfare.html

Also, if she's pedigree & GCCF registered it's likely that you entered into an agreement with her breeder when you got her. Often these agreements say that you have to contact the breeder if you need to rehome your cat. Probably worth checking.

Best of luck.

Being neutered has nothing to do with it!!!

My points were that the Welfare Group will be familiar with the breed & may even have a waiting list of people waiting to adopt / rehome. They could help you. The point about the breeder was a contractual obligation you may have.

Whatever happens, I hope it's the best for Lilly.

Archived