East Dulwich Community Meetings?

QZ

Hi

Does anyboady know much about these meetings - who chairs them, where they are and what the general format is? Someone in planning (southwark) told me that this is the forum I need to attend re various planning / other ED issues.

Thanks!

Dulwich Community council

Next scheduled main meeting:

Date: Monday January 29, 2007, 7pm, Christ Church, 263 Barry Road SE22

Just gone planning meeting:

Tuesday January 9, 2007, 7pm, Christ Church, 263 Barry Road SE22

Click here for the council's website if you want more details

I've never been to one but would be interested to know the answers to your questions too

I've been to a couple of community council meetings. Worthwhile to actually get a look at your councillors. For example a comment by one of them gave away that a councillor lived on the same street as me, when I got wrongly nicked by a parking warden I went straight to her and she got it all sorted out very quickly.

Also could see at first hand the utter ignorance of some of the councillors (one in particular, an American councillor for the Village came out with some mind-bogglingly stupid comments) and the switched-onness of others.

They discuss items of concern and also how to spend the community council money they get given out - for example on doing up the tennis courts at Belair Park and on new street lighting etc.

There's opportunity for the public in attendance to have their say. Not enough opportunity sometimes but usually better that way than to let the agenda slip and let the local loonies hold forth for ages on their pet subjects.

Go along, it's just one evening out of your life. If you get bored don't go again, if you like it then get involved.

PS - I'm not a councillor or anything, I just think that if you feel local issues are important by all means discuss them on forums like this but also best to actually do something about it.