Si Mangia closed

Just checked their website to find the following message.

"Dear customers....

Si mangia restaurant has been aquired by Lorenzo restaurant, crystal palace and is now closed for the next 3 to 4 weeks for refurbishment and staff training. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and the short notice however we hope to be open as soon as possible with a new management team and menu. In the meantime should you wish to book at our crystal palace branch please call 020 8761 7485. We look forward to serving you again soon and si mangia wishes to thank you for your custom over the last 9 years."

DuncanW Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Wasn't there always a a conneection between Si

> Mangia and Lorenzos? I'm sure when SM first opened

> they marketed themselves as being a 'sister'

> restaurant of Lorenzos...?

Correct.

We only ate in si mangia once and I ended up with food poisoning, thought the food tasted strange when eating it and commented at the time to the staff then spent all night throwing up(and my birthday:( love lorenzos so happy there will be one opening up a bit closer.

I have always enjoyed the CP Lorenzo's (they did a great lunch-time deal as I recall) - I haven't had a bad experience at Si Mangia - they were always to my mind a very old style Italian (like we had in the 70s) - none the worse for that as they delivered what they promised - but I probably prefer the more modern (regional) take on Italian food. But the staff were excellent and welcoming.

Let's hope the new ED Lorenzo's can match its CP parent.