Sunny day in East Dulwich

OK, according to the BBC, this weekend looks set to be a corker, at least relative to the kind of weather we've been subjected to recently.

The Marauders will probably be trooping into town tomorrow, but are planning to spend Sunday doing nice family things in our vicinity. We might take baby M to Beckenham for a swim in the morning, and then - does anyone know of anything exciting that's going on later in the day? (We went to the Lambeth County Fair and Latinamerican carnival last weekend and had a great time at both.)

Any suggestions appreciated,

BM

We're heading for Brockwell Lido - swimming in the open air and sunshine, low chlorine levels and a great cafe. Cycling there and back from ED is easy (if you have baby seat for Baby BM). Opens 10.00am - can stay all day with your own picnic if you choose. You have all of Brockwell Park to explore as well.

My family enjoyed both the County fair & Latin American carnival too.

Know of no "events" locally tho'.

last time I was there - a couple of years ago, there was a paddling pool for the little uns under a shade. Wouldn't like to think how much baby piss was in it tho.

Water in big pool usually freezing.

I once went there on a very warm but overcast day - in fact it started raining while I was there but it was fab. No one else was there.

bald marauder Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> does anyone know of anything exciting

> that's going on later in the day? (We went to the

> Lambeth County Fair and Latinamerican carnival

> last weekend and had a great time at both.)

>

there's a west indian and african festival at burgess park on Sat and a latin american one on sunday - complete with carnival parade (totally different scale to the peckham rye one)

bald marauder Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks MM,

> Do you think Brockwell Lido is OK for young

> children (9 months)?

> Is the water quite warm?

> It certainly sounds nice to be in an outside pool

> while we can enjoy it.

> BM

Son who is summer lifeguard there tells me it is quite warm now in the pool, certainly lots of little children - I can't recall a paddling pool but haven't been looking.

the Innocent Smoothie people are doing their festival in Regents Park this weekend if you fancy travelling further afield. Looks like they have got the weather for it. Supposed to be baby and toddler friendly but have to admit, went last year and it was not quite as promised. Still they have scaled down the event this year. Link here

citizen