Huge bangs around oakhurst grove or tyrell road

Hello,

About 10 mins ago (22.20ish), there was two huge bangs coming from either Oakhurst Grove or Tyrell Road. (I am in my bedroom, and couldn't work out the exact direction of the noise). I got a terrible fright and thought they were gunshots at first, but as I don't hear any sirens or indeed screaming, I am guessing that thankfully I was wrong. Did anyone hear it? Am I going mad? Can anyone tell me what it actually was?

Ta!

They didn't sound like fireworks, but I suppose that is the most obvious thing it could have been. Maybe they were crappy fireworks without the weeeeeeeeee bit! Bit late for that carry on of a Sunday night mind you, not impressed!

Every so often on Barry Road there are two to three very loud explosions which seem to come from, to my ears, the midddle of the road.

It seems (only seems mind) to me that they may be some kind of floating down and then timed detonation style of thing.

That's just my impression though, it's been happening for a few years now.

I used to get alarmed and look out of the window, but now I start at the first report and await the others with equanimity.

Christ, I'm fairly draped in ennui this evening, still, they can't touch you for it.

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Its the East Dulwich Road Alcemist.

>

> Every so often he puts in a little too much of the

> philosophers stone and BOOM!!!

>

> Poor sod staggers into the road, covered in soot,

> star covered gown and pointy hat shredded and

> smoking. Quick half in the Gowlett;

>

> then its back to the cauldron.....

...before he jumps on a plane and completes a European tour as lead singer and only flautist of Jethro Tull.

I didn't realise there were some laws. Whoop di doo. Those restrictions are not enough. So that means that you can let them off whenever you like before 11 pm? Ridiculous. They should be heavily controlled. In the run up to Guy Fawkes and Diwali they go off all the time from afternoon onwards. There are idiots out there using them. I like a nice organised display on appropriate days but not random a-holes letting them off because they are showing off to their mates. And I did hear those fireworks go off the other night and I am down by Grove Vale.