Barclays Bank - Lordship Lane

Louisa

I haven't been in for a while, but whilst visiting today I couldn't help but notice how terribly long the queues were and the fact that one of the regular cashier booths had a seperate queue of people (presumably paying in large amounts from small businesses?). I timed my wait, and from the moment I stepped through the door it took me 37 minutes to make it a cashier. This has to be unacceptable surely? I've raised this with them before some years ago, but nothing seems to have changed. They weren't short staffed either (at least 6 members of staff behind the counter but only 3 tills open). This branch also lacks the modern facilities most refurbished branches now have, such as personal banking machines for paying in cash and swopping money between accounts, paying bills etc.

Please sort it out Barclays.

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I haven't been in for a while, but whilst visiting

> today I couldn't help but notice how terribly long

> the queues were and the fact that one of the

> regular cashier booths had a seperate queue of

> people (presumably paying in large amounts from

> small businesses?). I timed my wait, and from the

> moment I stepped through the door it took me 37

> minutes to make it a cashier. This has to be

> unacceptable surely? I've raised this with them

> before some years ago, but nothing seems to have

> changed. They weren't short staffed either (at

> least 6 members of staff behind the counter but

> only 3 tills open). This branch also lacks the

> modern facilities most refurbished branches now

> have, such as personal banking machines for paying

> in cash and swopping money between accounts,

> paying bills etc.

>

> Please sort it out Barclays.

>

> Louisa.

...ridiculous!! don't barclays know who you are?

Inkmaiden that would be fine, if only the staff seemed equipped in providing help to those who don't understand. It seems to me, the majority of staff just sit behind the scenes doing nothing (to the untrained eye at least). It isn't professional in a customer fronting environment IMHO.

I would much rather this bank had the modern refit most other branches have now had, which provide electronic banking facilities which those in the know can easily use, leaving the rest of who don't understand to wait patiently in the queue for a cashier to help us. Currently we have people clogging these queues up who might want to deposit a tenner or get a balance print out. Unbelievable. Use the cash machine!

Louisa.

While I was able to apply for a bank account online, I still had to visit the bank in person to show documentation etc. For older people like my mother, they prefer to go in branch to transfer funds between accounts as she finds online banking baffling, where as I prefer to use the online facility.

There's also times when you may need to go in to ask for a new bank card etc than use the call centre.

I miss the Woolwich. I was with them for donkeys years, then bloody Barclays bought them out. They did the open plan banking years before any of their rivals which always left you feeling at ease in their branches. Very informal and friendly atmosphere.

Louisa.