More 40 woes

Nero

That's Kerry Gold!

Went to see children of men a few months ago. Got the 176 home and it was full of trash, drunks etc. Looked out of the window and the streets were crowded with more of the same... I felt like i was in the film. The 12 also belongs to a dystopian other world I think.

I got on a bus in Woolwich yesterday, and this horrid white hoodie girl got on ahead of me and walked past the driver. When he called her back she just said "f**k off", and he said I'm not going anywhere til you pay or get off, and she just sat there thinking she was hard and looking at her mates for support whilst saying "I aint fu*king going nowhere".

Happy ending when a hard looking fella grabbed her and marched off the bus! Problem is, it's that bloke who would probably get in trouble for putting his hands on her... Personally I wish he'd knocked her out and thrown her off the bus, but you can't have everything.

God! I hate that sort of behaviour. I have to get a P4 (which is OK) or a 185 (which is not) to Lewisham most days to get to the DLR for work and quite often you'll get those sort of stroppy teenagers trying that one on in Catford or Lewisham on the way back home to Dulwich. I'm not a violent man but I once came quite close to biffing one of 'em on the nose for holding up the bus like that. The little buggers wouldn't get off, fortunately a couple of other people had the same idea and once they realised they were outnumbered by furious passengers they finally got off. Scumbags!(6)

Shockingly compulsory sterilization programs have taken place in a number of western countries. Sometimes for people with disabilities but even more disgustingly for political reasons.

The Americans for example forcibly or unconsensually sterilized Native American woman during the last century.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Shockingly compulsory sterilization programs have

> taken place in a number of western countries.

> Sometimes for people with disabilities but even

> more disgustingly for political reasons.

>

> The Americans for example forcibly or

> unconsensually sterilized Native American woman

> during the last century.

That's nothing Sweden was still doing this until the early 1970s (if I remember correctly - could have been Norway or Finland)

Interesting reading

Yes Sweden from the 50s to 50s, legislation withdrawn in '76.

Churchill also tried to pass it for mentally handicapped, however it was defeated in the commons in 1913.

Actually loads of countries have given it a go.

I've seen this sort of behaviour on buses and some pretty selfish loutishness on the trains too I agree with a point in a closely related thread that we need more staff (sort of quasi-conductors/inspectors) on public transport to discourage this behaviour (down with this sort of thing)

I think apart from the here and now issue of how to stop bad behavior by regulation (more staff etc) there is also the inherent social problem of having a large part of the population feeling disenfranchised and therefore not feeling any ownership over and responsibility towards their environment.