Dodgy girl in train stations

Yabo

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why so convinced it's made up Hona? I could be

> being a mug, but Muffin's story rang true to me.

isn't he just doing that thing that people do round here: if suspicious, accuse someone of lying rather than giving them the benefit of the doubt or keeping quiet?

As ypu say Moos, some form, but on this occasion I'm not buying the story.

Keef it actually doesn't have the ring of truth, in my opinion.

Muffins86, I have given amounts of money to the beggarly, but never a full-blooded tenner, I suspect even the most 'liberal' would balk at dishing out that sort of poppy.

Then having copped her ten she asked for another three, enough to rouse fuming indignation in even the most mild-mannered of souls.

The second time, may or of course may not be part of the arc that leads to part three.

It seems as if it might be a justification for your coming righteous ire. Possibly.

The third occasion, well of course you 'angrily' and 'aggressively' denounced her, to such an extent that a couple of stout fellows had to intervene.

On the basis that they mistook you for her angry boyfriend.

Given the descriptions of the poor wretched individual on here (and indeed my own encounters with the poor mare) I'd have kept that to myself.

But then it ended up with you looking like the victim. Possibly.

Job done. Maybe.

As I said before it all seems a little too 'public-house' talk, for me, you know when round six is coming up and everyone wants to 'top' the other with non Ralph McTell 'Streets Of London' war stories.

Anyway.

pk Wrote:

> Keef Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Why so convinced it's made up Hona? I could be

> > being a mug, but Muffin's story rang true to

> me.

>

> isn't he just doing that thing that people do

> round here: if suspicious, accuse someone of lying

> rather than giving them the benefit of the doubt

> or keeping quiet?

PK, it's a message board, if one has an opinion about another posters post then it's perfectly hunky dory to say so and allow them to reply. Or not.

Provided we all confine ourselves to the decencies of debate, then all will be well in the 'hood.

I don't know what 'people' you are referring to and as for what they might or might not 'do round here', I'm at a loss.

In fact I'd like to make it clear that I'm not 'people' at all, or indeed to my knowledge ever have been.

Surely if I think a person has not strictly confined himself to the truth or may have exaggarated a touch, then to give an opinion on it isn't unreasonable?

Of course keeping quiet or giving the benefit of the doubt is always an option, so I won't comment on the former and you may be correct about the latter. You never know.

steveo Wrote:

> Why doesn't someone give her a proper clump?

I suspect it's because the donation of a 'proper clump' to an individual who is living the sort of appallingly degraded and pitiful life the subject of the thread is leading wouldn't be the course of action for any decent person.

I include you SteveO*, I doubt you really meant it. A rush of beer to the head? Been there.

I also include anyone who's disagreed with me about the poor wretched kid, none of us would do that.

No we wouldn't, anyhow, cheers SteveO.

*I note the time of your post, I'd got outside of a few myself by that time, so I'm genuinely empathetic. Honest.

HonaloochieB Wrote:

>

>

> PK, it's a message board, if one has an opinion

> about another posters post then it's perfectly

> hunky dory to say so and allow them to reply. Or

> not.

i agree (and haven't disgreed above). in fact, i myself have merely expressed an opinion

> Provided we all confine ourselves to the decencies

> of debate, then all will be well in the 'hood.

again, i agree

> I don't know what 'people' you are referring to

> and as for what they might or might not 'do round

> here', I'm at a loss.

i meant what i said: "people [on this board] who choose to accuse someone of lying

> rather than giving them the benefit of the doubt

> or keeping quiet" as in my opinion some people do (i haven't particularly noticed who, but newcomers/others often/sometimes get an unduly hard time, in my opinion)

> In fact I'd like to make it clear that I'm not

> 'people' at all, or indeed to my knowledge ever

> have been.

i agree you are probably one 'person', but sometimes perhaps one of several 'people'?

> Surely if I think a person has not strictly

> confined himself to the truth or may have

> exaggarated a touch, then to give an opinion on it

> isn't unreasonable?

i agree, not necessarily unreasonable, but perhaps sometimes unfriendly

> Of course keeping quiet or giving the benefit of

> the doubt is always an option, so I won't comment

> on the former and you may be correct about the

> latter. You never know.

out of interest, what is it you're admitting to having 'some form' on?

but never a full-blooded tenner, I suspect even the most 'liberal' would balk at dishing out that sort of poppy.

I don't know, I've given over my last fiver to a particularly god sob story, and I've stood and watched my friend give a tenner to a bloke that I didn't believe at all.

Keef Wrote:

> but never a full-blooded tenner, I suspect even

> the most 'liberal' would balk at dishing out that

> sort of poppy.

>

> I don't know, I've given over my last fiver to a

> particularly god sob story, and I've stood and

> watched my friend give a tenner to a bloke that I

> didn't believe at all.

And all credit to you and your mate Keef, and I know if I thought that someone was in genuine immediate distress and needed the money urgently I'd pony up.

But in general the poor unfortunates will accept a pound or so and not push their 'luck' (Christ!) for any more, that's what didn't sit well with Muffins86's account.

I've forked over ?20 on a couple of occasions when it was seriously baltic out and late and night in the hope some poor sod won't freeze to death. I don't think it's desperately unusual...

As for Muffin86's account - one time when I gave someone ?20, they told me it was more than that to get into a hostel and asked for more. So, again, I think not that unusual.

Rosie H - Oh dear, i'm afraid you were had.

Hostels for the homeless / in dire need (certainly in London) DONT charge for entry when you turn up like that.

It's a shame that this sad case is still scamming hundreds of pounds ( a week?) from well meaning local residents to fuel her desperate drug habit that's killing her.

Just read the Herne Hill forum for the saga over in that neck of the woods.

It's appalling that this has gone on so long.

There are loads of homeless, hard cases around London. All deserve some sort of support and a lot is available nowadays, a plethora of organisations reach out and are effective but the help isn't out of your wallet directly to them. It just goes on more heroin.