Streetbank.com: lending, giving away and making friends with neighbou,rs made easy

I posted this a while ago on a different thread and it seems to have been really popular, so thought I'd add it here for good measure.

For anyone looking for free items to borrow or keep - on your doorstep - you might be interested in a new community experiment called [www.streetbank.com]. The website allows you to see all the things that people in the immediate area (within 1000 yards of your home) are willing to lend, give away or skills they are willing to share.

It's really starting to take off in East Dulwich and I just thought I'd spread the love a little as the more people who get on board, the more there will be to lend/give away and the better the site becomes. We've recently seen sombrero hats and piano's being lent and given away (in that order) and there have also been some very happy tales of new friendships forming as a result, too.

It's a great way to get to know your neighbours and bolster the community spirit ... as well as saving you money, preventing waste and so saving the environment a little too. It is totally free, takes about three minutes of your time to sign on and the best part is it should give you a warm glow inside, too.

Also when it goes nationwide - you can say that you were one of the very first to get on board!