Pregnancy pillows - recommendations

Hello all, at 5 months pregnant my bump is growing and I'm getting to the stage where it's uncomfortable to be rolling around in bed at night and I wake up full of aches and pains. At the moment I'm sleeping with a normal pillow between my knees, but it's not much help and usually ends up on the floor (not helped by our 3 year old often joining us in bed in the early hours).

First pregnancy I ended up with 3 extra pillows - one behind my back, one between knees, and one under bump - but it's just too crowded in our bed for that now!

So, do you have any recommendations for good pregnancy pillows? Has anyone tried the dream genii? Is it any good? Your advice would be much appreciated.

I tried the long banana-shaped one (similar to this one) but wasn't really able to make friends with it, couldn't work out a way to sleep around it that was more comfortable than not having it.

But have heard other people say it worked for them, so was probably just being thick.

I've got the dream genii and it's OK but I wouldn't say it was a miracle pillow which has solved all of my pregnancy sleeping woes...! The advantage is that it's small (so I don't steal the whole bed from my husband!) and easily transportable which is good for nights away. I gives good bump support and is OK for the legs / knees. I don't find that it stops me rolling onto my back as it claims - the back support is pretty small and I find myself sleeping on it on my back some nights!

I should say that I have added problems with my back and hips (pre-pregnancy problems which I'm struggling with increasingly now) so it may be that there isn't a perfect solution for me and it could be great for others.

I had the dream genii and was disappointed with it. I found I had to have another ordinary pillow behind me to stop me rolling and it got quite squashed and flat between my legs. In hindsight I wouldn't buy one again but, having said that it will probably be used if I ever have a second baby.

Ooh - i have this one (Theraline its called) and absolutely LOVE it. Used to curl round and hug it. Found it the most comfortable thing ever. Used it for breastfeeding after too.

I'm still pretty attached to mine, but if you wanted to borrow it for a day or so to 'test drive' you'd be more than welcome as they're not cheap! I'd need it back for Saturday as I'm passing it on to my sis.

Helen

Moos Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I tried the long banana-shaped one (similar to

> this one) but wasn't really able to make friends

> with it, couldn't work out a way to sleep around

> it that was more comfortable than not having it.

>

>

> But have heard other people say it worked for

> them, so was probably just being thick.

I bought one at an NCT nearly new sale that I absolutely LOVE. Best ?10 I ever spent. Unfortunately, because it didn't come in any packaging I have no idea what brand it is. It's a long, cylindrical bean bag. You can move and squash the beans to accomodate your head, bump, and between your legs. Afterwards I used it for breastfeeding, after that I used it to support my son before he could sit on his own, and after that I used it around him to cushion him when he fell. Needless to say, I'm not giving it up, but maybe you can find a similar one. Likewise, you are welcome to borrow mine to try to see if it's the right kind for you.

-A

I used the same u-shaped pillow fuschia described - I loved it. At the time, I was thinking ?40 was outrageous for a pillow, but 6 months of comfortable sleeping was definitely worth every penny.

There is a huge range on www.maternitypillow.co.uk.