Anyone know anything about Dulwich Wood Nursery?

Does anyone have any experience of Dulwich Wood Nursery & Children's Centre? Its run by Southwark and I've just rang them to put my 7 month old baby down for a place (though they say there is no space but think someone will drop out soon), hopefully to start by September. I'm trying to get my little boy a nursery place a day or two a week. During my search I have met with lengthy waiting lists for the private nurseries and am hence wondering why this particular nursery doesn't seem to have one (or a long one at least)...any experiences of the centre would be gratefully received ;-)

I absolutely loved it when I looked round, and did get offered a place but in the end it was just too far for us to travel for a 2 1/2 hour session (would have been turning round to go and collect as soon as I had got home practically). I've never heard anything bad about it though.

I also went there as a toddler - late 70's - and have only heard fabulous things about it still. Unfortunately as stated earlier it's too far away for us to send our toddler however if closer it would definitely be my no.1 choice. No idea why waiting list so small?

It is a fantastic nursery - lots of my friends kids went there and they had a super time and have grown up to be lovely weel rounded kids. However - kids can only start after they are 3, and they are limited to 5 morning, or 5 afternoon sessions only until they are four, which isn't always convenient when trying to fit work, other kids, etc etc around it... have a chat to them about their hours.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a very good nursery, but we've had problems with our son being backward with potty training and the nursery were demanding we see psychologists in etc..

We refused, and he now has problems only at nursery (everywhere else he goes happily). We think the pressure they put on him made things worse.

They also badger us repeatedly to go to the doctor's for minor ailments like rashes etc.. It feels like a public sector conspiracy to keep everyone busy to be honest.

They also have a ludicrous "report" they give us, where he has "targets" for the next term, and they point out that he's "scared to go high up on the climbing frame" among many other trivial and insignificant things.

Perhaps this is how the world works now, but it seems like madness to me. He's 3!

Facilities are excellent though, and the teachers seem good.