when will court lane re-open?

bil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what have they done! Court lane was closed for maybe 6-8 weeks and reopened a few weeks ago. The pavement on the north side of court lane, at the junction of lordship lane, has been drastically widened i.e. the road has been narrowed. so now if you want to turn left, you have to queue behind all the cars that want to turn right! Lordship lane is busy so the queue can get quite long to get onto LL. Before these changes i could turn left nice and quickly. Ahhhhh is there an abundance of pedestrians who need to wait on this extra pavement to cross the road to the park. whenever i have walked to the park (which is quite often) I did not feel that there was a lack of pavement. was this a necessary spend? the roads in so many areas of ED have pot holes and court lane has been redone approximately 3 times in the last 6 months!

Rant over!....for now

Agree. The "new and improved" Court Lane combined with the stupidly placed island just as you try to turn right into Upland Road (it's in a place that means you can't pull into the centre of the lane, so block traffic behind you) are a complete nightmare.

Judge Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The idea was to slow traffic down as they enter

> court lane from lordship lane (from the south) -

> the remodelling is pretty effective at doing this.

Some of the changes were deemed necessary for safety and I am glad that they have been effective. I still don't understand why the north side of the pavement was widened. It is a really very generous walkway now; could probably take 10 or more buggies or wheelchairs. The pavement is quite narrow on the east side of LL (between barry road and Mount Adon)and often requires darting into single file, the west side is better but I don't know why this pavement needed to encroach into the road with subsequent queuing to get out of court lane if you want to turn left down to ED.

anyway it is done now...

whilst i am at it...the new speed bumps on red post hill are so wide and hard...I can't take this anymore!

i started to take the bus to work but my journey is 30 minutes longer and costs more that running my car so I have abandoned this. maybe i should dust off the bike for my commute and pray for safe journeys.