Most famous person I've seen in ED so far....

Apparently he's a regular every Sunday night in one of the curry houses on Lordship Lane. Can't remember which one though. Joanna Page who plays Stacey in Gavin & Stacey is also an ED resident. Seen her in the Bishop before.

I know it can be a little misleading Steve...please don't lose heart. You'll get everything and more from this forum. On the one hand help and support, on the other exceptionally frank and honest views and some way-out humour too.

Welcome aboard...

James Nesbitt lives in Herne Hill so it is quite likely you would see him there or in ED. What is the big deal about James Nesbitt? He sounds and acts the same in every part he plays.

I take what I can get celeb-spotting wise. I also saw Kate Thornton in Dulwich Park last Saturday. I not a fan, but a spotting is a spotting.

I am waiting, patiently for Alan Davies to come to the hood and declare his undying love for me. He seems rather sold on North London, though, and his wife and kid.

Ooh, yes, I saw her on Fellbrigg and I too noticed the crop. Now, she is a nice lady. I once had a chat to her.

I'm actually a better celeb spotter than I thought! Joanna Page, not once but twice, Jo Brand......or perhaps I need to get out of ED more often....

Check this thread out

I bring this thread to your attention not to be "so ****ing pedantic!" as stevebailey kindly puts it but to highlight this is a continuous thread and might, just might, be of interest to other newer members to the forum.

When I said it's not an "issue" I wasn't suggesting anything of a "pedantic" nature at all. Everything has it's place on the forum that's all.

Wind your neck in stevebailey and play nicely why don't you.

Just had a look at the ongoing thread in the Lounge - very comprehensive it is too....problem with most things in the that section is there is just too much guff to get through to get to the juicy detail. But I shall duly save any further comments on this matter for that thread.

Smeltz, Sorry that you feel I need to 'wind my neck in' I just naturally assumed the following points:

1. A forum dedicated to the residents of ED would be a nice place to be.

2. A forum section with the word 'gossip' would be an appropriate place to indeed post gossip.

3. As you appear to be an 'old' member of the board who knows where everything would go, and as such I must have come across as a 'new' member in my inability to post in the correct section, or know that a post has been going since March 2007, you would have been a little more helpful or friendly.

As such I think I'll just stick to my actual friends, rather than embarrass myself any more making such stupid mistakes on here.

Nice to know I've moved somewhere so welcoming.

Thanks to those that were nice though, unfortunately it's always the few that ruin it for the many.

And yes I am being over-sensitive.

Welcome to ED Steve. ED Forum reflects the local community. Some people are lovely and some people are not.

There is also a set who are seem to do nothing other than using EDF and they get annoyed by new people starting threads that only they know exist. I wouldnt worry about it, we've all done it. Just wait until you get the rough edge of the tongue from the likes of *bob*, eater81 or woofthedog. Then you'll really know you've arrived.

BTW - hang out in Sainsburys long enough and you may bump into the Deputy Prime Minister. That's gotta trump James Nesbitt. But only for the next 5 days.... (she won't be Deputy Prime Minister in 6 days time)

Welcome to ED! Don't leave the forum Steve! ED is a great place and there are loads of lovely people on the Forum.

There are people on here that enjoy being contraversial / look for arguments but there are far more that don't, and often it could simply be that posts are interpreted differently to how they were intended. Even when you are registered for years certain members still respond adversely (see my thread asking about catholic churches / services over Christmas!).

That aside, ive met some lovely people via this forum, it really is a great community and a useful site for local information/ recommendations.

I really don't thing the posters intention was to upset you, s/he was trying to be helpful, unfortunately this seems to have been lost in translation!!

I saw Kate Ford - for the umpteenth time - on N'cross Road last week. This time she looked especially lovely, though the fact the last time she was 'shopping' (for 'shopping' read 'trying to find stuff that's been moved AGAIN) in CoOp on LL might account for her improved appearance.

Gimme Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Welcome to ED Steve. ED Forum reflects the local

> community. Some people are lovely and some people

> are not.

> There is also a set who are seem to do nothing

> other than using EDF and they get annoyed by new

> people starting threads that only they know exist.

> I wouldnt worry about it, we've all done it. Just

> wait until you get the rough edge of the tongue

> from the likes of *bob*, eater81 or woofthedog.

> Then you'll really know you've arrived.>

> BTW - hang out in Sainsburys long enough and you

> may bump into the Deputy Prime Minister. That's

> gotta trump James Nesbitt. But only for the next 5

> days.... (she won't be Deputy Prime Minister in 6

> days time)

Seriously, big fish, little pond