Best cycle route to Trafalgar Square?

I'm starting a new job on Northumberland Avenue (between the Strand and Whitehall off the Trafalgar Square roundabout) and was wondering what cycle route people would recommend. I find going over Westminster Bridge (especially at rush hour) a bit too adrenaline fuelled, but going over Waterloo Bridge means riding down the Strand, which is often quicker to walk down when it's busy! I usually ride to Waterloo along Camberwell New Road, but I can see at rush hour that might get a bit tiresome with all the traffic, so any ideas to avoid that would be welcome.

Thank you!

HTFU!

In all seriousness, I find Camberwell New Rd quite pleasant, everything keeps moving and you don't have to worry too much about peds running out in front of you (which is a constant headache going the Walworth Rd. way). THe only drawback is Millbank which is always a pain for me. Eitherway you're going to have to compromise somewhere.

Yup, got to cross the river somewhere. I head down Camberwell Grove, as it's green, and not too busy, go left, up Camberwell New Road - which isn't too bad at busy times are the cars don't move much. Right at Kennington, before the Oval, and then cut through up to the river. Onto Albert Embankment and cross Lambeth Bridge, and again the traffic is normally gridlocked and decent buslane and cycle lane across the bridge. Right to Parliament Square and up Whitehall to Trafalgar Square.

Plusses - lots of cyclists on the route which always helps.