Carseat recommendations?

verds

What's a good carseat for 12 months plus?

I need to buy one tomorrow, but there's so much choice - and so many different prices. Asda have one on offer at ?25, but I'm thinking there must be a catch! It's just for use in one car, so doesn't need to be easy to transport or light. But it does need to be suitable for a wiggly, nosy baby who slips an arm out of the one I've got quite easily! And I don't have a big budget.

Thanks...

If you'll consider forward facing then I'd definitely recommend Maxi Cosi Priori XP, see http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_67_10751_-1_14568_16203_10001_14568. As Molly said it would be ideal to stay rear facing as long as you can but I found that our son was much happier in his forward facing Maxi Cosi where he could see around etc. The straps on the XP can be tightened as required so don't think it would be very easy for your little one to wiggle out of it :) Could also check on the forum, gumtree, Nappy Valley etc. so see if anyone has 2nd hand one for sale if you're on a tight budget?

I use the Maxi Cosi Tobi for my daughter and my parents have the Priori XP to use when they are looking after her and they are both very good. I think they came out well in the Which safety tests. I did manage to keep my daughter in her old rear facing seat until she was about 15 months though.

my little one went from rear facing to forward facing (older daughters old seat), then back to rear facing new seat abd it was fine. The group 1 rear facing seat is much higher than the newborn seats so she can see out of the car and also we have mirrors so I can see her and she can see me.

I know it is a concern about then being happier forward facing but I honestly haven't found it an issue even though she has experienced both, and a couple of friends have reported the same. I think sitting higher must be the key, maybe language development too.

Just thought it would be useful / interesting to share.

Molly

x

p.s. Was forward facingfor about 2 months at a year old before I got the new rear facing seat sorted, and spare seat for parents etc is forward facing so still goes in that now and again.