FREE: African land snail needs a home

I wanted to know what it tasted like but did not have the heart to kill it once I got to know it. They are very endearing creatures and we connected on a deeper level.

Unfortunately, I found out that you will need a heated glass tank in order to give it a suitable home and keep it healthy. The life span is also 5-10 years. I would love to keep the snail, whom I have named 'Butter', however, I cannot afford to give him a healthy home.

So I am asking the local community if they have any interest in keeping an exotic, low maintenance and unusual pet.I have linked into a caresheet for your information. The RSPCA also have a similar care sheet.

http://www.amentsoc.org/insects/caresheets/giant-african-land-snails.html

Otherwise, please let me know if you have an old tank with a lid (for reptile or fish), a heated mat, a humidity thermometer and some limescale/chalk flint?

Please send me an email if you are interested

Wow, lovely! Sadly we can't take her, but I wonder if it's worth posting in the Family Room Classifieds? Also, there are some Facebook groups to which you could post, such as Pets of Telegraph Hill, Se4 Families, and Forest Hill Mums.

Good luck, hope she finds a friendly home. xx

Archived