Where do I live.... Bellendon area??

mrs f

Stupid question I know but I've just been asked to fill out two lines of my adress so rather than the usual street, London, Postcode, therefore I need to put in an area.

I've just moved to Soames Street (in-between copleston and Bellendon) and so what do I put, Peckham Rye, East Dulwich, Bellendon?? does it really matter?

Like I said trivial and stupid question but I'm curious as to what other people put who live in the area?

Thanks!

The spelling is Bellenden. Estate agents call it Bellenden Village or Bellenden Conservation Area. It is Peckham. I have seen some people say East Dulwich SE15 depending on where it is in Peckham. But you are part of Peckham.

Only me! Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've always thought that the Postcode made the

> distinction.

I know of at least one street that was in East Dulwich but had an SE15 postcode (I don?t know if that is still the case now, though). So, postcodes may not always exactly match the areas - especially near the borders.

Thanks everyone! Peckham it is then

Cate, sorry for my spelling mistake (dyslexia and all that!)

Was a bit of a funny one Jeremy as I usually don't bother with the area but it was a bank asking for two lines on the address and it hadn't actually occured to me that I was now moving 'out' of East Dulwich!

Hal9000, yes I had wondered as I had thought that some of the southern ends of Copelston were counted as East Dulwich and I wasn't sure if we fell into that.

Anyway it's all a little academic as we live where we live and it doesn't really matter what that is called

Ruffers, if you read my OP you will see I also don't usually bother, only an online bank form asked me for another line on the address IE either town or area..... it was only curiosity as I'm amy newly a peckhamite....

thanks eveyone

sydenhamcentral Wrote:

> I live in Lower Sydenham aka Upper Beckenham.

Ohhh....

You "fibber" there's no such place

( well except in the estate agents mind...)

Though I do live in Upper Sydenham, which borders Dulwich

"Yah.... you know......"

W**F

mrs f Wrote:

> Ruffers, if you read my OP you will see I also

> don't usually bother, only an online bank form

> asked me for another line on the address IE either

> town or area..... it was only curiosity as I'm amy

> newly a peckhamite....

> thanks eveyone

I hadn't missed the point, no worries. I'd have left it blank I guess.

The one's which are annoying are the ones which insist on a county. To my knowledge the Royal Mail hasn't used those in address sorting for 30 years, yet I end up having to put London, in London.

Edit, county not country

Ok Ruffers :0)

I did leave it blank initally, but being an annoying bank online form it wouldn't let me procede without putting something!

I've just had to put soames st, peckham, london, london for the tv licence because they wouldn't accept any fewer address lines! some people!

Bellendon Road is in Peckham. Calling it anything else seems to be by way of clarifying 'the nice bit'. I used to live in Camberwell and found it irritating how people often tried to distance themselves from their own area ('I live in Camberwell Grove area', or 'I live in Denmark Hill', or worse 'Ruskin Village' - seriously!). Be Peckham and be proud.

I always put London for City/Town and Greater London for county, which I believe is the correct form. This will be accepted by most CRM (customer relationship management systems) and I am pretty sure is populated in a form if you use Quick Address (Addresses supplied by Royal Mail) although as you say, Royal Mail only needs City/Town and postcode.