Crystal Palace Tavern

That is some beer list on The Old Crown's page

Brendan - kick off? In this place? Between you and me?? I doubt it ;-)

American bars seem to do the bar/bar-stool thing very well in my experience. I find it much easier over there to grab a stool and end up in conversation withsomeone nearby

It got to one stage where a particular bar in NY recognized me after a 6month absence and put the pint of stella on teh counter before I ordered

If I ever get to Vegas, I've promised myself I'm going here:

http://www.doubledownsaloon.com/

Back on topic again: (thought I was in the lounge for a minute) I think I drunkenly suggested we club together for the CPT one night and everyone stared and said they had all thought of that several times. The rumours today suggest a happier outcome than I feared (ie full closure)

Here's hoping the vibe and the staff remain

An EDF pub co-operative...

Keef can be the pub sign, seeing as he's pretty-much there all the time anyway.

Alan can source a piano (no more than ?60 though please, Alan), so that Louisa can have her old-fashioned sing-sings.

I can use the piano at night for knocking-out.. er I mean.. carefully crafting my compositions.

Mockney can be the official photographer.

Madworld can do Reiki healing upstairs so we can save on travelling expenses (though 'the magic' will still be charged at ?50/hour, plus materials)

Sean can mediate when a fight breaks out.

The Admin can install peepholes in all the eyes of the paintings on the walls.

Half the place is a Lounge. Or so it says on the door. (I think or does it say SALOON on the door into the back bar?)

I quite like the thought of people getting relegated to the back bar when their conversations degenerates into rubbish. I think it would get pretty full especially towards the end of the night.

Re: Crystal Palace Tavern

Posted by: *Bob* September 07, 11:08AM

An EDF pub co-operative...

Keef can be the pub sign, seeing as he's pretty-much there all the time anyway.

Alan can source a piano (no more than ?60 though please, Alan), so that Louisa can have her old-fashioned sing-sings.

I can use the piano at night for knocking-out.. er I mean.. carefully crafting my compositions.

Mockney can be the official photographer.

Madworld can do Reiki healing upstairs so we can save on travelling expenses (though 'the magic' will still be charged at ?50/hour, plus materials)

Sean can mediate when a fight breaks out.

The Admin can install peepholes in all the eyes of the paintings on the walls.

================================================================================

Can I be the bar maid? :)-D

Annasfield Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hey! I only asked if I could work behind the bar

> :-S

And I only asked if you have a low cut top.... If you say yes then we say yes :)-D

Think Topless Tuesdays may be a step too far, would give some of the older regulars a heart attack!