Crystal Palace Tavern

As a local teacher I will speak up for the Uplands purely on the grounds that we can leave school at 12.31 ,get to the Uplands, have lunch (quite nice compared to school dinners) and then be back at school at 1.29.

And it's never too busy!

Ant Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Adnams and Broadside... and perhaps IPA as well.

> Memory... hazy...

You're right on Adnams & Broadside, but I'm pretty sure the other one is Speckled Hen.... I don't drink the stuff either, so it could have changed without me noticing...

Yeah I go in there quite often and have an idea that there must be people from this forum in but have no idea who they are so I just make sure I behave myself incase the next day there is a thread up her saying something like:

"Was in the CPT last night and this *%(?&?)*)%$?*& drunk *&%$~# South African ##$!??()U%?&%$ went and $&*^?* etc etc."

Hmmm South African..... I think I might have met you once when either the rugby or the cricket or something was on.... I was sat at the bar with a saffa friend, and the person I'm thinking of had a saffa shirt on.....

I'm pretty sure you wil have seen me / Fear n ' boozin / I've-met-jimmy and Bagpuss in there!!!

Nope couldn?t have been me as I do not own such a thing as a South African shirt.

I do go in to the CPT to watch the cricket though. Normally the England games and sometimes SA ones if they will show them for me.

I?m the guy drinking Guinness and shouting at the television.

As a former member of staff, I'll give you all the important info:

DRINK!

Wine

House White, House Red, neither of which are very special from what I can tell.

On Draught

Carlsberg

Carling

Grolsch

Stella

Guinness

Guinness Extra Cold

Strongbow

Bottled

Beck's

Corona

Tiger

Budweiser (USA)

Budweiser Budvar

Kaliber!

Smirnoff Ice

Smirnoff Black Ice

Full range of Schweppe's mixers

many more I can't remember

Fountain

Coca Cola

Diet Coca Cola

Lemonade (Schweppes I think)

Soda Water

Back Bar

Massive selection of crisps & nuts for a pub inc. Walkers Sensations and Doritos.

Lime, Lemon, Orange slices (most days!)

Jack Daniel's

Jim Beam

Jim Beam Black

Smirnoff Vodka

ok, it's basically a well-stocked back bar, everything you'd want, really.

Weekly Schedule

Quiz on Wednesdays, quite difficult. On the 'old' side of the pub, gets quite busy.

Sky Sports on 'new' side is on all day, just ask a member of staff if they're showing the game/match you'd like to see and they'll put it on. Basically works on a first-come-first-serve basis or by popular demand (basically, if there's Premiership Football on, don't bother asking if the Curling Asia Cup is on or something!)

Locals

Varied, but as Keef pointed out the main bulk of locals at the moment are 20-30 somethings, probably due to the friendly nature of the full time staff (not that the part timers aren't friendly!) who fit that age bracket.

All of the locals are friendly people, and there was only one incident of someone getting barred in the 5 months I worked there (and he wasn't a local).

So, how bored am I on my lunch break?