My first car

steveo

Classic White Mini 850...

http://us.123rf.com/450wm/pjirawat/pjirawat1305/pjirawat130500012/19835078-old-vintage-classic-mini-taken-at-penang-malaysia.jpg?ver=6

Ahead of it's time, had an early speed limit restrictor system...started rattling when you hit 70mph :)

steveo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I had one of these when I was 13. It was lethal.

> If you turned too sharply, it fell over on to its side.

That reminds me of this...

Salsaboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh bloody hell - I had a Morris Marina as a first

> car when I was 18. *Hangs head in shame*

Totally underated car. Very simple if sligtly agriculutral. If it could have broken the Cortina's monopoly on the company car who knows how successful it could have been.

So it is 1987. My mate has an 1800 green metalic coupe. Some one pulls out of a side road into him. Mate says insurance details please. Scally says 'no insurance wack' (It was genuinely Liverpool). Mate says either we call the police or you pay me the value of the car (maybe ?500 on a good day). Scally says OK I'll pay. ?1000? No ?950. Deal. And mate gets the cash a few days later, expecting a cosh over the head not cash in his hand.

Malumbu gets the car for ?50. A few trips to the scrap yard, some paint from Halfords and bobs your uncle.

Sadly three years later another mate ploughs it into the back of a pile up on the M1. 8 other cars drive away, one dead Marina.

Fine car.

1985 Volvo 360 hatchback. Piece of crap that my father gifted me when he bought himself a proper car. It did have a sunroof, though ? until a troop of monkeys at West Midlands Safari Park painstakingly stripped it and the windscreen of all of its rubber seals.

Wolseley 1500 with a wooden back quarter light.. It cost ?30.00 and I recently found the receipt for the insurance.

Dated 2-12-1970 ?17.00. Seventeen pounds.

Skidded on sharp bend in Broad Oak near Rye and broke half shaft trying to get it out.

Cost ?5.00 to fix.

Foxy (on the right)