Dog on dog attack: Dog Kennel Hill Park/Woods.

If anyone knows (or indeed if you are) the unfortunate lady whose small dog, (a toy Westie I believe), was attacked by the two staffie/bull terrier cross this evening about 7pm in the park next to Sainsburys DKH please be aware that I witnessed the whole appalling incident. I did try to catch up with you but clearly you were in a desperate hurry to get your dog medical help. I have swapped contact details with yet another witness and we also have pic of female owner of the dogs which attacked yours. I cannot imagine how upset you must be, I really hope your dog is OK?

To the owner of the two dangerous dogs, your dogs should be on leads and muzzled AT ALL TIMES. They were dangerously out of control, in fact, for a significant portion of the time during which the attack took place it was not even apparent that you were the owner, you appeared to be an uninvolved bystander. Take some bloody responsibility, your behaviour was appalling. I will not hesitate to stand as a witness to the fact that your dogs were dangerously out of control. You should be walking the streets of Dog Kennel Hill Estate trying to find the owner of that poor dog and paying all the vet bills. That is if the dog survived.

That's terrible. :( Friend of a friend's small dog was attacked and killed by another dog two days ago. It was local-ish, but I'm not sure where. I will double check if it was the same location.

There is a FaceBook group called 'Pets of Telegraph Hill'. It has a fairly wide readership. Maybe worth posting there to try to locate the owner of the injured dog. xx

Thanks for that info, I've sent a request to join the group.

Awful to hear that a dog has been killed in such circumstances, my own dog is also quite small and over the years he has been attacked a few times. It's always under the same circumstances and same type of dog and the owners never want to take responsibility. Shameful.

This is terrible. Have you reported it to the police and wardens? If the dogs were dangerously out of control in a public place then this is an offence under the dangerous dogs act. Well done for getting evidence, I hope the owner of the dogs out control is found and action taken against her to prevent this happening again. Also hope the poor dog attacked is ok.

Yes please report to police with fullest description of dogs and owner possible. BTW, just so you know and can tell the police, since they are not always clued up themselves, whoever was handling the dogs at the time is culpaable in law because they have care and responsibility of the animals at that moment. Both that person/s and the actual owner can be prosecuted.

I do so hope the police follow up on this.

Reported. They are passing details onto local force to see if it's was reported by owner.

However, if you or someone you know lives on dog kennel hill estate please ask around to see if anybody knows the lady with long dark hair with small dark/ tan dog. I'm anxious to know if the dog was OK? Thanks