Your little girl's "bits"

A friends child always caleed her a mimsy which my daughter then picked up rather than my attempt at a more medical term ! all well and good till the film the last mimsy came out. My daughter her friend and to my shame me all spent most of the film giggling after the little girl in the film starts running around looking for her mimsy !

My mum always referrred to it as a "fanny" which I can understand by why she called my brother's eqiupment a "penny whistle" I do not know. I don't have girls but we call it their 'willy' but they prefer to call it their 'penis'.

I must say I did not imagine that there were so many different names used for the same body part. I have a friend who calls it a 'puffer' which is the same name I call my asthma inhaler - cue children laughing hystericallly!

Fandango.

Excellent caller to the Adam and Joe show a few months back on this subject said her daughter had asked this very question while in the bath one night. Parent replied that she could call it anything she wanted. Quick as flash daughter fired back 'Harry Potter'.

helena handbasket Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't remember my parents calling it

> anything......... so I called it my "front bum".

> Isn't it obvious?

That's what we do in Dutch too and I think I'll teach her the same in English (unless it sounds very unnatural in English??)