10pm - noise...

QZ

What to do when builders continuously flout legislation and are still working at 10pm at night??

I could call Environmental Health but they want to come round within an hour and I need to go to bed..is it a waste of police time?

I would go out and ask them to stop but as this makes no difference (tried in the past)

:(

Advice?

Not a good position to be in QZ - but there is a difference between people flouting legislation (which everyone does at some point in some manner) and causing trouble - noisy neigbours are no fun

If it's short term I think you will just have to make do for the night

If it is potentially longer-term then I would agree with ruffers - start a log of activity. You mention "in the past" - is this an ongoing thing, something that happens regularly, or just once in a blue moon?

Environmental Health are about as helpful as tits on a tortoise in my opinion. I had noisy neighbours partying until 4am, and EH took more than an hour to get to East Dulwich (they're based near London Bridge it seems) and then phoned me again to ask for directions, as they were lost. When they finally arrived 1.5 hrs later the noise had died down and they said they could find no justification for our noise complaint.