Selling your house privately

www.halfapercent.com or loot do a pack.

To be honest, with the strength of the market in ED you could probably put a hand written note up in the window and still get people trying to gazump one another.

and remember - not a penny under ?700k.

Friends who have had more luck were selling pretty bog standard new build flats (under 5 years old) - people selling older and larger properties had less luck (or viewings) - then again this is just a couple of people

Be prepared for a few time wasters, ones that a good estate agent can screen out and to do all the appointment arranging. If you can save a few grand then all luck to you

karter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Dulwich dad, why don't you wait for Foxton's to

> open next month. Not only will they get you a much

> higher price for your house but you will also pay

> 0% commission on the sale. A good deal I think.

Really, 0% commission - are you sure? Tom has also mentioned that the arrival of Foxtons is going have an

effect on the property prices. Are they doing some sort of deal?

I recently sold my place on www.propertybroker.com Found it was reasonably easy but would echo Tommys comments above re time wasters. If you do recieve an offer you need to get the purchasers to book their survey quickly ( 7 days is reasonable) that way they've got ?500ish invested in the deal already.

Well worth the hassle for 1.25% of what your selling it for.

good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

]Hi i sold my house on eMoove.com not so long ago. The site was fairly easy to use and i didnt have any problems. They are also doing a free listing with HotProperty.com at the moment aswel.

I recomend the site to anyone trying to sell privately, have a look at the site and see what you, its worth trying it out!