Slightly gross pregnancy question (strange coloured colostrum)

Please stop reading now if you are squeamish/ easily offended!

I 14 weeks pregnant with my second. With my first I had very leaky breasts and started leaking yellow colostrum when I was about 4 months pregnant. This time, I have noticed a bit of brown leakage from one nipple for the last couple of weeks (on a tissue, it actually looks the same colour as poo ::o). I am going to see the doctor about it , but to hopefully allay any fears of breast cancer etc I wanted to ask if any of you lovely folks out there had experienced this, or knew if it was a common occurrence! Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

'rusty pipe syndrome' sounds hilarious....as long as it isn't anything to worry about of course....but my first thought was 'really, what a thing to call it'.

It is along the lines of the doctor who told my friend's hubby who was there to discuss having the snip that the odd very unlucky person can get 'Chronic Ball Ache' which is then something you have for the rest of your life. I mean.....really...I guess it does what it says on the tin, but I am amazed any man goes for it after being told that.

Hope all is OK and that the doctor is able to reassure you (and that the plumbing all starts working properly again soon).

Molly

xxx

hey, I am also 14 weeks with my second. I haven't had the rusty pipe syndrome (and yes, no offense but it sounds hilarious) but I also have a question re breasts... mine are so ridiculously sensitive I can't even sleep on my side as any contact with anything (I mean breasts touching anything) causes me a lot of pain. And it is proper pain, very sharp and unpleasant. even putting a bra on is painful :(

I didnt have that with baby1 and am worried I will have to get it checked, although it seems a bit over the top. Is it?... When is it going to end?

Hope it is nothing serious sanity girl, and the doctor will reassure you soon!

best wishes

x

Hi all, thanks for your replies. I know, rusty pipe syndrome is such an absurd term to use. I'm actually feeling far less anxious about it since reading up on the net, but I will still consult my GP/midwife.

Millsa - sorry to hear about your very painful breasts. Mine were very sore for my first pregnancy and increased in size a fair bit, but this time there is very little change (apart from the strange leaks!, and maybe a bit fuller). I think it's fairly common to get painful breasts, especially during early pregnancy, but you can always ask your midwife if you're worried. If it's any consolation, my breasts calmed down first time round by the time I was about 4 months. So are you also due mid-september? Maybe we can meet up with the newbies when the time comes! How old is your first?

yes, due mid Sept, first son is 20 months now, and very happy to meet up - was going to suggest it as well :)

I was only worried because I didn't experience any pain not changes in size with baby1. The only consolation might be that I must be size DD now ;-)