Abuse by Bonnie's Florist shopkeeper towards my child!

13th Feb 11am at Bonnie's Florist, Lordship Lane, my 19 month old son and I went in to buy flowers for Valentines. I asked my son to pick out some flowers. My son is a very gentle sweet boy. He went to touch some flowers and an older stocky woman with long dark hair flew out from behind the counter and said 'Get your son off the flowers'. I picked him up, selected flowers and took them to the counter. I asked for help regarding my selection and the same woman folded her arms, gave me a dirty look, tutted and turned to her colleague and rolled her eyes. I asked again whether the flowers would work together and she said 'Do you want them or not?'. I replied, 'Don't worry about it, I'll go somewhere else'. As I was leaving the shop, she screamed at me 'Take you and your stinking child out of my shop and don't come back!' !!!

I turned and said, 'Are you speaking to me?' She ran towards me, screaming 'Get your stinking child out of my shop!'

I was scared for my child so turned and walked quickly down the road. By the time I got to Foxtons I heard someone yelling and she had swung in front of me, blocking my way, saying 'I'm out of my shop now' in a very aggressive way like she wanted to have a fight with me. I told her I'd call the Police. She was screaming abuse and I was scared for my son. I got past her and went straight to John Alan Florist. As I walked through the door, John gave my son a gerberer. I nearly broke down, told him what had happened and thanked him for making my son feel welcome. He told me he gets a lot of complaints about Bonnie's.

As Mother's Day is approaching, I urge you all to boycott Bonnie's florist, as she obviously hates both mothers and especially children. Go to John Alan, where you will be welcomed and feel safe. Much better value for money too.

shocking story! So sorry to hear that you were threatened in this way...

I think I have been served by that lady on two occasions. I agree that she isn't very helpful. When you ask for suggestions she doesn't give any and eventually you end up putting something together yourself. All she cares about is the cost. The other lady with the brown hair is much more knowledgeable, approachable (of will at least share her knowledge) and has better customer service acumen. After I went there for Valentines day, I decided that I wouldn't go back again. So I will try John Alan or Country spray (which is closer to me) next time.

With the nicest intentions, there's nothing about this account that rings true.

"Screaming', 'Scared', and chasing you down the street are all 'fight or flee' responses that require considerably more incentive than a young sprog touching a flower.

Frankly luv, you ain't telling it like it is.

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> bil, mate, I think you're bs as well.

>

> This post gets reported, and if it's still here in

> twelve hours, habeas corpus.

How dare you say this is bs! and are you threatening me? do you work at Bonnie's or is this lady your wife? Nothing I said was malicious or particularly spectacular..It was my experience and opinion which is what this forum is for. If anybody has had good experiences (which i am sure there are many) they are welcome to contribute. Even if nubby'mums story has been sensationalised, if she was brought to tears in another mans shop then surely something happened which was very unpleasant......so I am not deleting my post.

oh and come get me!