Energy prices - how much are you paying?

Thought it might be interesting to compare peoples Gas & Electricity prices, as I got a bit of a shock when I opened my latest bill from SainsburyS Energy.

I'm a 1 bed flat (single occupancy) and the buggers have put it up from ?98 to ?128 per month (thats combined gas & elec). Does that sound too much?

Im paying about ?150 pcm for a six bed house combined by DD - but thats an overestimation and I do have a credit balance - Im Using N power - but did a cost comparison on uswitch and do one every 6 months and move if I have to

i think i am paying about ?36 a month combined admittedly in debit balance - for a 1 bed flat - so your bill sounds quite high! i use powergen who seem ok and i got through uswitch about a year ago so there may be cheaper deals out there now.

I'm paying about ?50 per month gas & electric with Sainsbury's Energy. I'm in a three bed house with GCH and gas cooker, Mr Asset won't let us use the heating unless it's minus 10 outside (slight exaggeration but not much). I have a small credit balance at the moment.

So yes Fractionater, it sounds like you are paying way too much.

I use npower (although I don't like their npathetic pname and its lack of capital letter, spacing and sense) and am on the DD green tariff, for which there is a discount. I think they take too much money from me so I from time to time adjust it. Nero

I'm at work all day and don't have a toaster, very rarely use my kettle, but have a PC that's left on all the time. that's about it really. I'm going to have to have words with Sainsbo I think. (shame really as I was very impressed with the new store in EDul too)

Oooh... first post after a few weeks of lurking!

I'm with [Ebico], who resell for Scottish & Southern Energy. Our last combined quarterly bill for a 2 bed house was about 100 quid.

When I changed a year or so ago they were by far the cheapest, though I've not checked for a while. Not all the switching sites show these guys as they don't pay commissions.

We're on about ?75 a month with npower combined dd green tariff for a 3 bed house (4 people) electric cooker, no tumble dryer but use of a dishwasher and washing machine that would make an eco-warrior weep. We're usually in credit and periodically get some money back.

I'm on powergen's combined online lowest tariff and its 70 a month, slight credit for a 3bed detached. Gas CH and hob, electric ovens and other appliances that are probably turned on too much. That is outrageous for a 1 bed flat - are you sure the other tenants in the building aren't tapping into your supply?!!!

we seem to rack up about ?120pcm in total for gas (with brit gas) and leccy (with EDF) for a 2 bed flat - lots of funky inset downlights which can't take any kind of energy saving bulbs (at least not that I can find)... look good but not very practical...

Ok - I've got my wires crossed (ha ha). We have got low voltage halogen lights (12v rather than 240v) not low energy. They run through a transformer. However I believe that the low voltage ones are more energy efficient.

Mr Asset tells me that low energy halogen replacement bulbs are available but as they are not halogen they will not have the same light. Try Screwfix or Homebase.