it's been happening for nearly a year now.....(Apollo)

I just need to know for sure please!

Has anyone been able to simply rent a DVD from Apollo/Film Nites on LL, take it home and watch the film from start to finish without any problems? I just can't believe that the 2 DVD players and 2 laptops in my house are all faulty... but may be?

Anyone else have the same problem?

YES! I've taken several back and got a refund because they wouldn't play through on 2 different machines. Even tried the last one on a PS2 with no luck! The girl in the shop berely batted an eyelid, so they are obviously used to it - but no arguments for a refund. Will try LoveFilm.com - thanks Asset

Hi Benjaminty

I have only ever had a problem with one DVD from Apollo and they gave a refund without argument.

I actually now get DVDs via mail service (Amazon) and their DVDs quite often skip which is very annoying. However, they just say to wash the DVD in mild soapy water. Then dry with a clean cloth, wiping from the centre outwards. It works every time.

Happened to me a couple of times. The last time got the guy in the shop to run out with another copy while I made a cuppa. He managed it in under 3 minutes. Now thats service but pity most DVD's are so scratched. What do people do with them?

I'll give another thumbs up to Lovefilm. We pay about ?15 a month, and can have up 2 3 DVDs at one time. As soon as we send one back, they send out the next available one from our queue. Have never had any bad disks.

Only thing that has happened (about 4 times in 2 and a half years) is that I've sent one back, and they haven't received it. As soon as I've reported it, they've sent me another disk... They said they'd be sending me forms to fill in about where I posted the disk and that sort of thing, but have never had these forms.

On a similar subject (Apollo), does anyone get static electricity shocks from their door handle, or is it just me?

Its not a great way to start your browsing experience, then when you get inside, the place stinks of fags.

it definitely stinks of something - I think there may have been some serious damp issues somewhere. Not had the static thing myself

Its not even Apollo or FilmNite anymore is it - it's Prime Time. Only other one Ive seen of theres is in Berwick St. Or I might have seen one on Upper St as well. In any case they've not exactly rejuvinated the place have they?